Polynomials to x and y variables

Polynomials to x and y variables

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi, i am writing a c++ program, and i need polynomials to calculate some things.
I found this tutorial how to do it from programming perspective, but i can't understand how to convert that data to x and y variables
If you scroll to 10:20, you can see the output data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmCiQLNcPA.

So that's what i have to do, user input 5 values for x, y axis. The program calculates the curve, then the user can get the coordination for any point of the curve.

My problem is, all those polynomial tutorials don't show any x, y values, they just use some other values, but there is no data i could use, i need coordination from the calculated curve.
Can someone help me, how to calculate the x, y data from those polynomials? I am not the best with math, so i can't do much.

Re: Polynomials to x and y variables

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Well, what do you mean by "x" and "y"? I could not open either of the links. Are you given two lists of number or a list of pairs of numbers? If you are given two lists of numbers let the number from one list be "x" and the other "y". If you are given a list of pairs, let the first number in each pair be "x" and the other "y".

Return to Expressions, Polynomial Identities