What are the highest goals of mathematics?

What are the highest goals of mathematics?

Postby Guest » Wed May 11, 2022 2:44 pm

First of all, we defer to the great Gauss... that number theory is the queen of mathematics...

Secondly, we claim the greatest goals of mathematics are understanding, why and how things work generally... And that Lord GOD is the foremost and perfect mathematician and the creator of mathematics...

Do you agree or disagree? What are your views on this matter? Does it matter to you?
Attachments
Go Math.png
Go Math.png (319.56 KiB) Viewed 466 times

Re: What are the highest goals of mathematics?

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:39 pm

Attachments
Problem solving is the most used form of mathematics teaching in this country..jpg
Problem solving is the most used form of mathematics teaching in this country..jpg (69.35 KiB) Viewed 326 times

Re: What are the highest goals of mathematics?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:49 am

Guest wrote:First of all, we defer to the great Gauss... that number theory is the queen of mathematics...

Secondly, we claim the greatest goal of mathematics is understanding, why and how things work generally... And that Lord GOD is the foremost and perfect mathematician and the creator of mathematics...

Do you agree or disagree? What are your views on this matter? Does it matter to you?

"Basically, I’m not interested in doing research and I never have been... I’m interested in understanding, which is quite a different thing. And often to understand something you have to work it out yourself because no one else has done it."-- David Blackwell.
Attachments
quote-basically-i-m-not-interested-in-doing-research-and-i-never-have-been-i-m-interested-david-blackwell-76-29-47 .jpg
"We, humans, learn, but Lord GOD/Nature knows."
quote-basically-i-m-not-interested-in-doing-research-and-i-never-have-been-i-m-interested-david-blackwell-76-29-47 .jpg (87.64 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Return to Number Theory