Math problem which needs immediate help

Math problem which needs immediate help

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi All,

I have rather a tricky situation with one of my friend who is helping to conduct some sessions for college students. The problem statement goes like this.

We work for an institution and students directly pay us fees

I received 10800 and my friend received 8850 (total - 19650). But I have paid 7000 to the institute and after deducting 25% of the 7000, institute gave me 5250 back.

How should I be sharing this with my friend every month ?

I received - 10800
Friend received - 8850
Total - 19650
I paid to institute - 7000
25% deducted - 1750
Received back - 5250

monthly how should be sharing this total amount ? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Math problem which needs immediate help

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 pm

You say your friend is helping you and the institute is paying him 8850. Is that for helping you? If so, why would you owe him more? Or is the institute paying him for other work? Was there no agreement between you as to how he would be paid for this? You don't say what your friend is doing or what portion of your work your friend took.

You should have had an agreement beforehand on exactly what your friend would do for you, how much your friend would be payed for it, and who was to pay it. Without that, you cannot expect someone who does not know the entire situation to say how much, if anything, you should pay your friend.

Re: Math problem which needs immediate help

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:49 am

It's weird that you received 10800 from the institute, paid back 7000, the the institute gave you back 5250 f that! If I were a government tax agent, I would suspect a tax scam!

Return to Word Problems