Storage calculator. Decades to days.

Storage calculator. Decades to days.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:18 am

Hi guys and thanks for your time

Im trying to clarify the next logistic problem, seems quite simple but its becoming a nightmare for me to define a strategy to solve it. Here below some inputs and then the question

1. 1 Decade = 10days
2. A tax is paid each decade. This tax equals to 10€ x amount of cargo that remains each decade.
3. We have stock changes (In and Out) in weekly basis.
4. A decade is always paid completely, regardless if cargo has been only 9 or 5 or 3 days.

I would like to find the way to make a equivalence, I meant, Im trying to display this decade payment into a easy weekly cost calculator without a minimum amount of error. In other words, I would like to parametrize this “10days tax per cargo remaining at the end of each decade” into a weekly calculator, which is easy for data handling, so basically to create a weekly stock-taxcost calculator with the problem that taxes are suppose to be paid each 10days but I want to see the output in weekly terms. How you propose to assess and which is the best strategy?

Number of weeks 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Cargo IN 12 5
Cargo OUT 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1
Stock Level 12 10 8 6 9 7 5 3 1 0
Tax to be paid (Weekly Terms) ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿? ¿?

Example of decades paid (if we calculate them manually and based on 10days periods)
1st decade 12 units * 10€ (So it takes full week 1 and part of week 2)
2nd decade 10 units * 10€ (So it takes part of week 2 and almost all W3)
3rd decade 06units * 10€ (So it takes W4 and part of W5)

….

Once done the parametrization, would be possible to develop an expression so we can find which is the optimal amount of IN in order to reduce the summation of weekly taxes?

Re: Storage calculator. Decades to days.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:21 am

Sorry guys

After update the excel table lose the format. Here I update in pdf, so you can see the example.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Attachments
Storage Calculator.pdf
Storage Calculator.
(73.66 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:37 am

It appears that, while the problem wants you to give an answer "every 10 days", you are trying to do things in "weeks". Why?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:40 am

Guest wrote:It appears that, while the problem wants you to give an answer "every 10 days", you are trying to do things in "weeks". Why?

Good morning and thanks for your interest. Yes, that's the root of the problem.

INs and OUTs are always given in weekly terms but tax payments are done every 10days. For this example with 2 INs and a few OUTs is easy to assess (manually) the weekly amount to be paid, but for huge amount on INs and OUTs is impossible to calculate and obtain a weekly payment output. This is the matter of the problem, how to parametrize, even with a corrective factor, a weekly payment output. In other words, i would like to obtain a solution in weekly terms, if possible parametrized.

Return to Word Problems