Moving forward, my participation on math10 will be mainly posting amd solving word problems.
A. I will not use AI or any other app to help setup or understand the problem. If I get the problem wrong, I will wait for someone to help out.
B. If I get stuck, I expect help from members on math10.
C. I feel that solving math problems is the most important math skills to develop, especially for young people applying for exams leading to jobs.
D. In 2006, I applied for a Financial Advisor position at Bank One in Springfield Missouri (lived there for a few months) and failed the test miserably. The bank test proctor said that my score on the math word problem section of the arithmetic reasoning test was the lowest he had seen in decades. This sticks with me 20 years later.
E. I will post as many word problems as I can find online.
F. I am also thinking about purchasing GRE, GMAT, SAT, ASVAB, AND GED test prep books to achieve my goal. What is the goal? The goal is to become proficient at solving word problems.
G. You will see hundreds of word problems covering a variety of topics: age, mixture, geometry, trigonometry, algebra 1, algebra 2, college algebra and precalculus.
H. So, come along with me to a land of word problems. You will not regret the trip.
You say?

MENU