Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 pm

Question: How doe one make sense of the one-electron universe from the perspective of quantum physics?

Reference Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe.
Attachments
the_electron.jpeg
Doe the one-electron universe makes sense?
the_electron.jpeg (213.03 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Eureka! The grand electron is more a wave (field) that spans the known universe, but if one looks too closely (via experimental detection), it becomes a mere particle. :idea:
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Guest wrote:Eureka! The grand electron is more a wave (field) that spans the known universe, but if one looks too closely (via experimental detection), it becomes a mere particle. :idea:


That's the weird world/reality of quantum physics. And it's quite counter-initiative. And that's all folks! :)
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Everything is energy, and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way.” Albert Einstein.
Attachments
everything-is-energy-and-thats-all-there-is-to-it-match-the-frequency-of-the-reality-you-want-and-yo.jpg
everything-is-energy-and-thats-all-there-is-to-it-match-the-frequency-of-the-reality-you-want-and-yo.jpg (135.4 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Eureka! The grand electron is more a wave (field) that spans the known universe, but if one looks too closely (via experimental detection), it becomes a mere particle. :idea:


That's the weird world/reality of quantum physics. And it's quite counter-intuitive. And that's all folks! :)
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Remark: Because of energy, one should never underestimate or rule out string theory (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory) .
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:44 am

Guest wrote:Eureka! The grand electron is more a wave (field) that spans the known universe, but if one looks too closely (via experimental detection), it becomes a mere particle. :idea:

That's the weird world/reality of quantum physics. And it's quite counter-intuitive. And that's all folks! :)


This got to be bizarre nonsense... Quantum physics is weird but not so weird to suggest a one-electron universe. Your assumption seems to suggest that other particles of the Standard Model are also fields too... This cannot be!!
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:09 pm

FYI: 'Electrons set the stage for neutrino experiments.'

https://phys.org/news/2021-11-electrons-stage-neutrino.html.
Attachments
Neutrinos interacting with nuclei..jpg
Neutrinos interacting with nuclei..jpg (22.31 KiB) Viewed 106 times
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Guest wrote:FYI: 'Electron', https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron.


I am still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of a one-electron universe where the grand electron is a wave(field)... blah blah.
Attachments
Hydogen atom orbitals at different energy levels. The brighter areas are where one is most likely to find an electron at any given time..jpg
Hydogen atom orbitals at different energy levels. The brighter areas are where one is most likely to find an electron at any given time..jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:FYI: 'Electron', https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron.


I am still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of a one-electron universe where the grand electron is a wave(field)... blah blah.


Could QFT support 'a one-electron universe'?
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:44 pm

I have never seen the phrase "grand electron" before!

Shortly after the discovery of the positron, there was a suggestion (by Dirac I think) that the positron was an electron moving backwards in time and that there was, in fact, only one electron in the universe, moving back and forth in time over and over again. That is what I thought you meant by "One-Electron Universe".
Guest
 

Re: Making Sense of the One-Electron Universe

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:46 pm

Guest wrote:I have never seen the phrase "grand electron" before!

Shortly after the discovery of the positron, there was a suggestion (by Dirac I think) that the positron was an electron moving backwards in time and that there was, in fact, only one electron in the universe, moving back and forth in time over and over again. That is what I thought you meant by "One-Electron Universe".


That idea has been modified:

"The grand electron ("One-Electron Universe") is more a wave (field) that spans the known universe, but if one looks too closely (via experimental detection), it becomes a mere particle..."

Could Quantum field theory (QFT) support such an idea?
Guest
 


Return to Physics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest