What is the most important equation in science?

What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Hmm. Because we have live in a living (creative and changing) universe that works evey moment of existence, the equation which describes our existence and the existence of the grandest universe must be about energy and about work. And thus, work has to have a more profound meaning than work currently defined by physics.

W = M + E.

W represents work.

M represents mass.

E represents radiant energy internal and external to mass.

The diverse interactions of M and E imply the dynamic forces of nature, manifolds, networks, and information. And those interactions are about work of change or work of resistance to change and about shapes(geometric space-time, fields, etc.) ...

Hmm. W = M + E is the most important equation in science. Do you agree?

Dave,

https://primework123.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/a-definition-of-work/

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/David_Cole29/amp
Guest
 

Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Guest wrote:Hmm. Because we live in a living (creative and changing) universe that works evey moment of existence, the equation which describes our existence and the existence of the grandest universe must be about energy and about work. And thus, work has to have a more profound meaning than work currently defined by physics.

W = M + E.

W represents work.

M represents mass.

E represents radiant energy internal and external to mass.

The diverse interactions of M and E imply the dynamic forces of nature, manifolds, networks, and information. And those interactions are about work of change or work of resistance to change and about shapes(geometric space-time, fields, etc.) ...

Hmm. W = M + E is the most important equation in science. Do you agree?

Dave,

https://primework123.wordpress.com/2014/11/21/a-definition-of-work/

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/David_Cole29/amp
Guest
 

Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 pm

The grand work of Einstein, Noether, and other great scientists may or may not concur with the importance of your grand equation, W = M + E. It's debatable...

But it is good stuff which we can debate until the end our existence... :-)

Please consider the following story:

'Emmy equals Einstein squared',

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21929272-400-emmy-equals-einstein-squared/
Guest
 

Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Guest wrote:The grand work of Einstein, Noether, and other great scientists may or may not concur with the importance of your grand equation, W = M + E. It's debatable...

But it is good stuff which we can debate until the end our existence... :-)

Please consider the following story:

'Emmy equals Einstein squared',

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21929272-400-emmy-equals-einstein-squared/


Good stuff!
Attachments
Noether_theorem.pdf
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Guest
 

Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:51 pm

How does one derive the known laws of science (Maxwell's equations, Quantum theory of matter and energy, Relativity theory, laws of thermodynamics, biological and chemical theories, etc.) from your so-called grand equation, W = M + E?

Are you serious...? You are not even wrong!!
Guest
 

Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Guest wrote:How does one derive the known laws of science (Maxwell's equations, Quantum theory of matter and energy, Relativity theory, laws of thermodynamics, biological and chemical theories, etc.) from your so-called grand equation, W = M + E?

Are you serious...? You are not even wrong!!


Oops! You have my apologies for being so wrong according to your view about the nature of things.

I suggest you see the equation, W = M + E, from the perspective of an aspiring inventor.

Let's imagine we want to make a hydrogen fusion reactor at the size of a basketball. We must have adequate supply of a right type of hydrogen fuel and a closed system to process the hydrogen under great pressures at very high temperatures to produce sustained fusion reactions and generate helium and generate a far greater output energy than the input energy of our system... The work required to make our project a success is currently an extremely challenging endeavor. But the basic and essential components are the same as for anything of our universe. We must have mass and energy in our almost closed system, our fusion reactor. And of course, we need also advanced technology to make our reactor work.

Making stuff happen generates actions/reactions according to the known/unknown laws of nature.

And I hope our thought-exercise helps you to better appreciate the equation, W = M + E


Thank you.
Guest
 



Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Was the great scientist, R. P. Feynman, wrong about truth and beauty in science?

Relevant Reference Link:

'Richard Feynman was wrong about beauty and truth in science',

https://aeon.co/ideas/richard-feynman-was-wrong-about-beauty-and-truth-in-science.
Guest
 

Re: What is the most important equation in science?

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:36 pm

Guest wrote:Was the great scientist, R. P. Feynman, wrong about truth and beauty in science?

Relevant Reference Link:

'Richard Feynman was wrong about beauty and truth in science',

https://aeon.co/ideas/richard-feynman-was-wrong-about-beauty-and-truth-in-science.


FYI: 'Lawrence Krauss: Humanity’s Ability To Wonder',

https://www.thereadinglists.com/lawrence-krauss-interview/.

Note: Prof. Krauss is a nice guy who is super smart about physics and other matters.
Guest
 



Return to Physics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron