What's the difference between Statistics and Probability?

Probability theory and statistics

What's the difference between Statistics and Probability?

Postby okelmape6 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am

Undergraduate math major here. Currently a noob in the Calculus sequence. I felt like there were some difference between different topics covered in stat class (regression vs bayesian, etc.). I took an intro to stat class (for non-math majors) before I decided to become a math major which spoon-fed an abridged version of regression and basic probability. I did get more curious about Math and Stats though!

I am interested in taking a class in a few semesters that will go more in detail about this, because the philosophy behind randomness is one of the things I find to be really cool.

What are your opinions of Stat and Probability? How do they complement each other? How do they Differ? Is stat a science that uses theory of probability and analysis?
okelmape6

Re: What's the difference between Statistics and Probability

Postby okelmape6 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:22 am

Spoiler: show
okelmape6 wrote:Undergraduate math major here. Currently a noob in the Calculus sequence. I felt like there were some difference between different topics covered in stat class (regression vs bayesian, etc.). I took an intro to stat class (for non-math majors) before I decided to become a math major which spoon-fed an abridged version of regression and basic probability. I did get more curious about Math and Stats though!appvalley tutuapp

I am interested in taking a class in a few semesters that will go more in detail about this, because the philosophy behind randomness is one of the things I find to be really cool.

What are your opinions of Stat and Probability? How do they complement each other? How do they Differ? Is stat a science that uses theory of probability and analysis?

issssue got solvedd!!

okelmape6

Return to Probabilities and Statistics