3.1 Question 29

3.1 Question 29

Postby Eigenvalue » Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:50 pm

Suppose that f(x)=4x-1 and g(x)=-2x+5
a) solve f(x)=0
b) solve f(x)>0
c) solve f(x)=g(x)
d) solve f(x)[tex]\le[/tex]g(x)
e) graph y=f(x) and y=g(x) and label the point that represents the solution to the equation f(x)=g(x)
Eigenvalue
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:38 pm
Reputation: 311

Re: 3.1 Question 29

Postby Eigenvalue » Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:51 pm

Here is my work for the question:

Note: for some of the questions, I used numbers to denote the various subquestions as I ran out of letters.
Attachments
IMG_20260927_194551~2.jpg
IMG_20260927_194551~2.jpg (764.99 KiB) Viewed 29 times
IMG_20260927_194446~2.jpg
IMG_20260927_194446~2.jpg (469.75 KiB) Viewed 29 times
IMG_20260927_194305~2.jpg
IMG_20260927_194305~2.jpg (822.92 KiB) Viewed 30 times

Eigenvalue
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:38 pm
Reputation: 311

Re: 3.1 Question 29

Postby Eigenvalue » Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:54 pm

Continued:
Attachments
IMG_20260927_194618~2.jpg
IMG_20260927_194618~2.jpg (885.07 KiB) Viewed 29 times

Eigenvalue
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:38 pm
Reputation: 311

Re: 3.1 Question 29

Postby nycmath » Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:20 am

Eigenvalue wrote:Suppose that f(x)=4x-1 and g(x)=-2x+5
a) solve f(x)=0
b) solve f(x)>0
c) solve f(x)=g(x)
d) solve f(x)[tex]\le[/tex]g(x)
e) graph y=f(x) and y=g(x) and label the point that represents the solution to the equation f(x)=g(x)


I thought we were going to start section 3.1 next weekend.

nycmath
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:40 pm
Reputation: 59

Re: 3.1 Question 29

Postby Eigenvalue » Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:58 am

nycmath wrote:
Eigenvalue wrote:Suppose that f(x)=4x-1 and g(x)=-2x+5
a) solve f(x)=0
b) solve f(x)>0
c) solve f(x)=g(x)
d) solve f(x)[tex]\le[/tex]g(x)
e) graph y=f(x) and y=g(x) and label the point that represents the solution to the equation f(x)=g(x)


I thought we were going to start section 3.1 next weekend.


You posted a few questions from section 3.1, over this weekend, so I thought that I might post something from 3.1 as well. Also, would you mind checking my answer for question 20? I am slightly inept at composition of functions.

Eigenvalue
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:38 pm
Reputation: 311

Re: 3.1 Question 29

Postby nycmath » Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:08 pm

Eigenvalue wrote:
nycmath wrote:
Eigenvalue wrote:Suppose that f(x)=4x-1 and g(x)=-2x+5
a) solve f(x)=0
b) solve f(x)>0
c) solve f(x)=g(x)
d) solve f(x)[tex]\le[/tex]g(x)
e) graph y=f(x) and y=g(x) and label the point that represents the solution to the equation f(x)=g(x)


I thought we were going to start section 3.1 next weekend.


You posted a few questions from section 3.1, over this weekend, so I thought that I might post something from 3.1 as well. Also, would you mind checking my answer for question 20? I am slightly inept at composition of functions.


Where is 20?
nycmath
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:40 pm
Reputation: 59


Return to Functions, Graphs, Derivatives



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest