Mosaic TESSELATION calculation

All about geometry

Mosaic TESSELATION calculation

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 am

Hi, i'm doing a presentation about mosaic and so far the teacher has seen the presentation and was amazingly surprised with the HISTORICAL part of the presentation.
I'm doing a presentation for a competition and she told me that i need a mathematical part of the presentation which is connected to mosaic in order to have more bonus points in order to move on to the next stage. She helped me and gave me a hint "Tesselation". Now, i connected that fast with video-game tesselation which is multiplying amounts of polygons by splitting flat square renders into halves and creating 2 triangles, and by multiplying the amount of tesselation, the polygons get split even more and more in order to sacrifice performance for quality and give a better 3D look with depth. Now, i now how it works in video-games, but i don't know how to explain it in a mathematical way. All i need is 1 math problem to fix and a very simple math definition how to calculate a mosaic surface just so i create those 2-3 slides in which i explain the mathematical side of the mosaic tesselation. I was thinking of doing it like this: showing a simple cube and trying to explain with math how can we fill all the sides of the cube with mosaic patterns which we calculated already. It can be squares, triangles, octagons etc.

Return to Geometry