1. Which points of a circle are on the same plane?
only the center point and points on the circle
points on the circle but no interior points
the center point, interior points, but no points on the circle
all the points in and on a circle
2. In a circle, a radius
is the same length of a radius in a congruent circle.
extends outside the circle.
is twice the length of a diameter.
determines an arc.
3. Congruent circles
have the same center point.
have diameters of the same length. (1)
have radii of the same length. (2)
(1) and (2)
4. Which point(s) is an exterior point?
A, B, C
D, E, F, G
A, E, G, H
5. •A lies 12 inches from the center of P. If P has a 1-foot radius. •A lies
inside the circle.
on the circle.
outside the circle.
between concentric circles.
6. A diameter is also
7. Both tangents and radii
extend from the center of a circle.
are half a circle's length.
meet a circle at exactly one point.
are straight angles.
8. From a stationary point, Billy throws four balls in four directions. Where each ball lands determines the radius of another circle. What do the four circles have in common?
a center point
9. From a stationary point, Kim aims two arrows at a bull's-eye. The first arrow nicks one point on the edge of the bull's-eye; the other strikes the center of the bull's-eye. Kim knows the first arrow traveled 100 miles. If the bull's-eye is 200 miles wide, how far is Kim from the center of the bull's-eye?
10. Which circle is NOT congruent?
11. In which figure is the set of arcs not congruent?
12. What is the circumference of the figure below?
13. What is the area of the figure below?
51.5π square feet
103π square feet
206π square feet
10,609π square feet
15. The area of a square is 484 square feet. What is the maximum area of a circle inscribed in the square?
11π square feet
22π square feet
484π square feet
122π square feet
16. If the circumference of a circle is 192π feet, then the length of the circle's radius is
17. If the area of a circle is 289π square feet, then the length of the circle's radius is
18. What is the area of a circle inscribed in a dodecagon with an apothem 13 meters long?
Use the figure below to answer questions 19 through 20.
19. The arc BD is a quarter of the circumference of C. If the total
circumference of C is 64π feet, then what is the length of the arc BD?
20. What is the central angle that intercepts the arc BD?
an acute angle
a right angle
an obtuse angle
a straight angle
21. What is the area of the shaded figure?
144 square feet - 12π square feet
12 square feet - 144π square feet
144 square feet
144 square feet - 24π square feet + 12π square feet
22. What is the area of the shaded figure?
56.25π square feet
112.5π square feet
225π square feet
337.4π square feet
23. What is the ratio of the area of circle M and the area of circle K?